Tuesday, March 1, 2011

New Phase

I spontaneously decided to give myself a mini vacation this week. So I called in "sick" to work yesterday and today.



And guess what I've done..... I hung up EVERY ARTICLE OF CLOTHING in my wardrobe!!!!


Majorly patting myself on the back.


I've been more productive in two days than I have been in, hmm, a year?



This signals the beginning of a new phase if I do say so myself.



Today, I'm continuing to clean and organize. I'm also cooking some tamarind chicken in the crockpot... a recipe I just made up myself. I ordered some Tamacon Tamarind paste online a few weeks ago from an Indian grocer on Amazon. So I used what was left of a bag of frozen chicken breasts (two large pieces), drizzled the tamarind concentrate all over it..probably roughly added up to 2/3 cup..... and 1/2 a can of stewed tomatoes, and then added several dashes of cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and curry powder....several spoonfuls of farmer's market apple butter, and three capfuls of olive oil. It's been simmering on low in the crockpot for a couple hours now.. (I'm letting it cook for probably 6-7 hours total). Halfway through I'll probably throw in some sea salt and dried onion.

That's how I typically cook... I just randomly throw things in... but I've never had a dish turn out badly. In fact, they are usually delicious. I've discovered some interesting flavor combinations that way, too.


I'm also pondering ways to display/organize/hang the vast array of scarves I own. I love them all, and they are too pretty to be folded in a drawer, or in hidden in my closet. Not too mention, I forget I own things when they are tucked away like that.



Some ideas so far:











The top photo is from Etsy for $28.99, the next from ebay for $12.49 (I like this one a lot, and it has 20 clips, but I don't know where I could hang it from....) and the bottom one from Amazon for $149.99 (!!!) Ouch. Not getting that one.. but I like it the best... I just need to find something similar.

Well... back to my frenzy of productivity! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment