Thursday, August 4, 2011

Best 60-90 Days of My Life

Well, seeing Tim (former supervisor at UHC) was a mistake. Hanging around Jake for two months after breaking up was also a mistake. I feel really sick about being so caught up in men, ex-boyfriends in particular.

Thus, today is Day 3 of my 60-90 day hiatus from men and sex!





Days 1 & 2 were a bit challenging...I fell off the wagon for a second (called Jesse, who recently met his son and fell back in love with his child's mother after six years of not being in their lives), and unavoidably had lunch with Jake, who delivered Subway with the mail yesterday.

However, after girls night with Beth and Christina last night.. I'm feeling good on Day 3.

Some things I plan on accomplishing during this Hiatus:

-Cleaning my room (hey, built-up, extra sexual energy is the best way to finally achieve this goal, I think!)

-Cleaning/organizing entire apartment in preparation for my new roommate (who moves in in a little over a week!)

-Read many books!!! I miss reading, also makes me feel significantly less intellectual when I realize I've read only 2-3 books in the last year. An embarrassing fact.

-Cook/bake more! I think I will start posting recipes here.

-Be an awesome friend! I have some fantastic ladies (and platonic man friends, who are exempt from this hiatus) in my life and I can't wait to be a better friend to them and spend more time with them!

-Be an awesome daughter/neice/sister/future sister-in-law/granddaughter....etc. Family is everything, and I don't see or appreciate mine enough.

-Build an excellent iTunes library. I'm on computer number 3 in this apartment that has not yet crashed... I lose my music collection each time.

In other news...Beth is engaged to Josh! I set them up for Prom...and look at them now! I accepted my duty as Bridesmaid last night, and I'm quite excited to be one for the second time in my life.

Upcoming events in my life... heading to work this afternoon, relaxing tonight ; tomorrow is Josh's birthday at the City Museum, Mandi and her southern friend Megan may be coming to stay with me from Mississippi for the weekend; Tower Grove Farmer's Market with la madre on Saturday; and seeing my favorite musical of all time, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers on Sunday at the Muny with the fam!!

No comments:

Post a Comment