Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Autumn

I'm aware that you couldn't have been labeling  the time of year as "summer" for quite awhile now... but I think today is the first day it has really felt like Fall to me. 

It's overcast, a bit cool, and the trees are full of color.   

Fall (and breakups) make me want to listen to Adele (her first album).  It seems therapeutic and festive and warm. 

Plus I'll be sleeping in New Hampshire tonight.  That seems like a perfect place to be in the midst of Autumn, doesn't it?  I also just bought some dark red ("oxblood" you might say) lipstick and nail polish to wear on this trip. 

And if one is still hurting a bit over the end of a fling... then it seems this is the right time of year to be doing it.  The gloomy mood of October makes it feel as if everyone and everything else is comiserating with you. 





 





No comments:

Post a Comment