Sunday, July 17, 2011

If at first you don't succeed....

So, my new goal of weening myself off of men has not been off to a good start.

But the first step to change is admitting you have a problem, right? And I am becoming very aware of how reliant I am upon men/relationships/sex/attention for happiness. How hard it is to not use these things ....is showing me how much I need to change.

Seeking happiness in the way that I've been trying to in the last several years... is ultimately leaving me very empty.

So, I'm going to be patient with myself and keep trying to move forward.

Today-- doing some cleaning, downloading some music, requesting books to read from the library....

Going to bed early tonight, and getting up early tomorrow morning to go running (on my own... no drill sargent partner necessary!!) before work!

1 comment: