Sunday, January 23, 2011

Dreams and Reality

I had an awful dream last night that it was New Year's Eve and in the morning I realized I hadn't been with J all night, so I went outside in the snow in a nightgown and ran around looking for him...among all these strange houses. People passing me by starting warning me of a "doomsday" type thing saying something was coming and I should take cover. I go back inside the house I was in for New Year's Eve, only to find a letter from bank saying that my wages were being garnished.

If this isn't my subconscious screaming about the things that are distressing me, I don't know what is!!!

In reality, I have not spoken to J in two days... this is the longest it's been in quite some time.


I got a new cell phone yesterday. With unlimited calls, texting, and internet usage to boot! It's Erin D 2011 as my dear friend Amber put it. haha.
But with it came a new phone number, that J does NOT have and will not be getting. And I feel a huge relief that he can't even contact me.


However, as for the second frightening factor in my dream --wage garnishment-- I suppose this could be a real possibility. The student loan debt, the bill collector calls, and the endless letters I get terrify me. I simply do not have the money to pay these bills. And the whole situation scares me so much that I usually avoid it all... I discard the letters, ignore the calls. But now the possibilities of what the consequences could be are creeping into my dreams. I have to call these companies to figure something out. I've known this for a long time, but I have to really do it.



Onto more pleasant things....I had a delicious and relaxing evening at Bailey's Chocolate Bar with Marisa and Simone. I had a Basil Mozzarella Tomato Spinach Pizzetta , a Cocoa Pumpkin Bar with Cinnamon Ice Cream, and a glass of Shiraz. What could be more perfect????
And I finally got a full night's rest last night. Feeling much better. Might even go back to sleep for a bit .. just because I can! :)

1 comment: