Sunday, September 19, 2010

I Love the Eighties (and the Swinging Sixties!)

Has anyone ever asked you in which era you would best belong?

I have a friend that really rocks the 70s look. And since she surely knows which decade she belongs in, it made me ponder this for myself.

I love history, antiques, and vintage clothes ...so for me this is a great question to think about. I can think of style aspects of all the decades that I love. But I think my personal style is a definite tie between the 60s and 80s. Both eras featured bright colors and bold geometric patterns and styles (which are a staple for me). I love the leggings, long loose tops, and chunky jewelry of the 80s; and I adore the chicness of classic 60's London with simple short shifts and clean lines and a sort of "cutesy-ness" (think modern-day Zooey Deschanel) . The Beatnik look of the early 60s a la Audrey Hepburn in Funny Face is probably my ideal look, as well!










No comments:

Post a Comment