Sunday, September 19, 2010

Repeat After Me...

I think that, for me atleast, the key to self improvement is picking one thing to work on and sticking to it. And focusing on only that, until it is achieved.

There are many, many things I need to change right now in my life. I know I am a very intelligent, cultured, unique, kind person. (And knowing that retains my self-esteem.) I have learned a lot and experienced a lot (what I treasure most are the experiences I've had over the past 3-4 years). However, I have not accomplished a lot. Life is about learning and experiencing as much as you can, but also about putting that knowledge and experience to use and doing something with it! My life thus far has been about experiencing, but now it needs to be about doing.

The problem is, when I try to work on the many things that need changing, it becomes overwhelming and nothing is achieved.

Some ideas on my "one thing" to work on....

-Cut out the negatives in my life. (Possibly too broad and vague.. but this would apply to a lot right now).

-Don't avoid things or people.

-Make every decision with the future in mind.

-Decide what exactly I want in life and make every choice according to that goal. (This entails sitting down and detailing what it is that I truly want... which is a complex issue in itself...).

I need to do some thinking on which of these will be my new "mantra."

No comments:

Post a Comment