Sunday, March 29, 2009

Best Summer Ever!!

There's nothing in life that makes me happier than traveling, and there's no continent I love more than the European one! And thats exactly what I'll be doing all summer!!!!!!

I'll be in what is arguably the art history paradise of Europe for 8 weeks--Vienna, Austria, and then spending 10 days in a place that I've dreamed about going back to for two years -- Ireland!

I am very excited, but more feeling nervous right now because there is so much preparation to do in a very short time before I leave, which is May 11!!!!
I'm also still nervous about the fact that I am going without knowing anyone, really. But I'm trying to get over that, because its getting in the way of looking forward to being in Europe!!
I'm just trying to tell myself that it's an adventure, I'll learn a ton in the classes I'll be taking, I'll hang out with the locals or foreign students if I hate the Americans, and if nothing else, I'll just go spend all my time wandering art museums!
And knowing that I for sure will be back in Ireland is also an amazing feeling. It's surreal. I've literally dreamed about and yearned to go back to that place ever since the day I left it the first time. I could probably relate any topic or conversation back to Ireland (and I do all the time, which I'm sure annoys the hell out of people! ha, but I don't care!).

Mandi and Steven are also coming to visit me in Ireland at the end of my trip which will be fantastic. Ciaran is being a little bit weird about them coming, but I know it will be great.
Claire and possibly Jaime are thinking about visiting as well. As are my parents, and possibly my Aunt Kelley and Uncle Ken. It's awesome to know I'll have so many visitors!!!

EEEEEEEEEEE all this wonderfulness just makes me giddy!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment