Thursday, March 19, 2009

Ex-boyfriends

Josh just called me for the first time in forever. Granted, it was because his girlfriend broke up with him, but I'm not complaining, because I genuinely did miss hearing from him. He sounded pretty bummed, but it was still good to catch up. And he did apologize for calling under those circumstances.

It's kinda crazy that suddenly in three days I am on great terms with all my ex-es. Ciaran also called me last night and gave a really genuine, kind apology for everything in the last few months. He really hit the nail on the head as to what he did to hurt me, and was really sorry for it. So I appreciated that.

Who knows what could happen, as it can be hard to stay friends with ex-es, but it has always been something that is important to me. It might seem strange, or unhealthy to some to keep around ex-boyfriends as friends. But I don't think I'm doing it for some weird psychological reason, I think I just care for all of them as people, enjoy their company, and conversation - and trust their advice. And I hope they all think the same of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment